Sunday, September 1, 2013

Yummy Ground Beef Tacos


My colleague and I went for Mexican food one night and she recommended the ground beef tacos. I tried it and I really really liked it. I had two tacos, one crispy shell and one soft filled with flavoursome ground beef which was topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. The most awesome part of course was the salsa sauce which brought everything together. Needless to say I was hooked and so inspired!

Couple of nights later I decided to make this for dinner. My husband and I enjoy dinners like these. I started by looking up a recipe for the ground beef itself and found one here. I decided on this recipe because I had most of the ingredients on hand already and the photo got me hooked. You can click on the link to grab the recipe from there.


The first thing you gotta do is prepare the ground beef filling. Make sure you season it well. Ground beef  goes best with tacos for me compared to chicken strips or fish fillets.

I ended up buying this packet of taco shells to use. They are of the crunchy variety.


This is how it looks like inside.


What you have to do prior to serving is to crisp it in the oven to give it a fresh crunch. The instructions are on the packet itself.

Lay it out like these and pop them in the oven for a bit. The end result is a super crunchy crispy taco shell.
Assembling. Here comes my favourite part. The fillings are really up to you. I stuck to lettuce, cheese and salsa sauce.

I should have shredded the lettuce but I used the entire leaf as a base instead. Ideal for lazy people.

I spoon a generous amount of the ground beef mixture onto the lettuce base.

I sprinkle lots of cheese on the top



I love this Salsa sauce! It was pretty pricey but very worth it.




Top up with Salsa sauce and you're good to go!

Dinners like these are fun! Be sure to get the ground beef as tasty as possible and your tacos will surely rock. You can also add sour cream, diced tomatoes or anything else you fancy. Overall, it's a pretty easy recipe. If you don't use up all the taco shells at one go, store it properly to use at another date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yumm :)

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails